Re: drivable emergency access. was RE: "Cohousing Overlay" asZoning Regulation
From: Richart Keller (richart.kellergmail.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 07:10:35 -0700 (PDT)
The grass pavers are an excellent idea--wasn't thinking of that.

My concern was that the way would be blanketed with asphalt but you are
right about providing room for offloading etc.  The pavers would also serve
to prevent planting trees too close to the emergency access.   The 20' width
would also be a way of keeping at least part of the way open for walking,
bicycling, etc when being used during the day for deliveries, workers,
etc.--we have discussed constructing occasional parallel pulloffs for same
although these parking spaces will feel like they are encroaching on lawns
and other open space and won't be as convenient for their temporary uses.
Using the grass pavers for the pulloffs would help though.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Richart Keller, AICP
Pioneer Valley Cohousing
120 Pulpit Hill Road #25