FIVE East Bay Cohousing events this Saturday: Orientation, Berkeley Room Available, Triple Point TIC, Retrofit Ecovillage Home for sale, Eastlake Games Potluck
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 07:26:26 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Cohousers and Cohousing Seekers in the East San Francisco Bay
Area of California and beyond,

We at East Bay Cohousing are delighted to announce that this Saturday
we are listing not one, two, three, or even four but FIVE unique
opportunities to learn more about cohousing, see different
communities, and meet cohousers, cohousing creators, and cohousing
seekers, as well as a couple homes for sale in and around area
communities, and, at our home community of Berkeley Cohousing, a rare
room rental.

See an overview of the day below. Visit our website (linked at the
bottom of this message) to learn more and RSVP. Scroll down on the
home page and click "Show More" to gain future-vision superpowers for
advance planning.

If you can't make it this Saturday, no problem -- we're working on
scheduling even more events (see the bottom of this message for a
taste), and discount tickets are now on sale on our website for the
year's first Coho/US bus tour April 9, which is a great way to visit
many area communities.

If you want to suggest a gathering or help host one, you can do that
now via the redesigned MeetUp interface. To continue the conversation,
participate in our active message boards.

And while EBCOHO membership is free and we have over 1300 members (the
world's largest cohousing MeetUp group!), please do consider upgrading
your membership to become a Supporting EBCOHO Member - If you were one
you'd already be "in the know" about the events listed here (many with
discounts), personalized Cohousing Coaching and introductions, a
cohousing book, and highlighted listings on our website. Communities
can join, too, for an even better deal, and support building
sustainable community in the Urban East Bay and beyond, participate in
cooperative marketing, and get referrals for help from one another.

Raines Cohen and Betsy Morris, Cohousing Coaches

East Bay Cohousing

http://www.ebcoho.org/

P.S. Just want to say hi? This Thursday evening Raines will be tabling
at Berkeley's David Brower Center during the EarthDance
Short-Attention-Span Environmental Film Collection, with showings at 7
and 9 PM, just $10 in a benefit for the Women's Earth Alliance. And
Friday during the day, Betsy will be participating in the Clean Power,
Healthy Communities conference organized in Oakland by our friends at
Bay Localize. Learn more via our Calendar of Events.
---

East Bay CohousingPalooza this Saturday: FIVE events!

This Saturday, March 19 is a full day of fun, food, games, and new
home opportunities with
five, count ’em FIVE gatherings in EBCOHO member communities!

    9:00-10:30am Orientation and Welcome for EBCOHO Members at
Berkeley Cohousing.

We’ll have coffee and fruit. Schmooze, share your background, and get
a virtual tour of intentional communities, ecovillages, and cohousing,
openings and resources.

    10:30 – 11:30 - Learn about a new House-share rental at Berkeley Cohousing.

Our neighbors Mary, Lloyd, and Erica have a room for rent for the
first time in over two years. They are eager to find another
wonderful, cohousing-minded housemate and have asked us to spread the
word and make it easy for you to decide if this is right for you. Meet
Mary, see the place, get your basic questions answered.

    Noon – 2pm - Triple Point Cohousing Lunch, Tour, and Unit for Sale.

Join Betsy and Raines, and our Triple Point hosts, George, Heather,
and Scott for lunch (not a potluck - they make a yummy soup), talk,
and tour. Triple Point, our newest Supporting Group member, is a
community of 9 people in 6 households established 5 years ago. One of
the original members is leaving and with an upcoming sale, they are
looking for the right new member.

    3PM-5PM Fairview Park Ecovillage - Home for Sale across from
established group house.

The 11-member Prudence Crandall House (led by longtime EBCOHO
Supporting Member Spring R. Friedlander) are hosting their second
get-together for folks interested in expanding this a sharing
neighborhood of gardens, bikes, meals, and kids, with a home for sale
just across the street. On their block of 66th on the Berkeley/Oakland
line just east of Telegraph.

    5:30 Potluck and Games night with members of Eastlake Cohousing (Alameda).

This is a great way to have fun and learn more about this forming
group, an EBCOHO Supporting Group Member. Meet the current core group
members and learn more about the neighborhood they are looking to
create by buying two apartment buildings near Lake Merritt in Oakland
and gradually moving in over time. You can learn a lot about your
future neighbors over a meal and a board game -- a helpful reminder
that cohousing is all about community, not just real estate.

RSVP for any of these, see photos and maps, make comments, and learn
more on our free MeetUp-powered website.

UPCOMING EVENTS APRIL – MAY ---  Keep an eye on our calendar and your
email if you join EBCOHO for free.

*   Bus Tour of East Bay Cohousing Neighborhoods (put on by Coho/US)
April 9: reserve your seat today!
    Discounts for EBCOHO members thanks to our group buying power.
*   “Art of Facilitating Cooperative Groups” training weekend in
Oakland, April 21-23.
    Master Faciliator Laird Schaub of FIC will provide mentoring,
training, and hands-on facilitation experience in the first workshop
of a 2-year quarterly series held throughout Northern California. Site
is now confirmed so the event is a GO. Limited space available, at
prices (including accomodations and food) far below anything
comparable.
*    611 Ecovillage -- room rental in Oakland Uptown cooperative
community.  Details in the About Pages on EBCOHO's website.
*    Pleasant Hill Cohousing -- regular open house/tour on Sunday, April 3.
*    Mariposa Grove Cohousing (N. Oakland) -- nearby home is for sale,
potential associate member
*    Golden Gate Cohousing (NW Oakland) -- open house & info sessions
coming soon.
    This forming retrofit community in NW Oakland is finishing
reconstruction and just acquired a house nextdoor, growing by 50% and
adding a large green space for potential gardening. You could be in on
the ground floor and have a major voice in the vision, values, and
priorities of this new neighborhood.
*   Alameda Senior Cohousing --- site tour with architect and future
residents on a new site, likely the first senior cohousing in the Bay
Area
*   Yulupa Cohousing – tour of homes for sale/rent in Santa Rosa
*   SF Green Festival - no cohousing booth this time, but EBCOHO
Supporting Member Susan Green is putting together a gathering here
April 10.
*   Aging in America - we're part of an Aging in Community booth at
this national conference in San Francisco in late April, with plenty
of opportunities to go to sessions in exchange for helping -- worth up
to $600.
*   WestCo - we'll be part of the Communities Fair at this student
co-op gathering in Berkeley April 9.

To visit East Bay Cohousing, go here:
http://www.ebcoho.org/