Re: drivable emergency access. was RE: "Cohousing Overlay"asZoning Regulation
From: Tim Pierce (twpunchi.org)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:40:33 -0700 (PDT)
Kay Argyle wrote:

> "... I am totally unaware of situations where firefighters have
> walked away from a blaze because they disagree with a tree or a turning
> radius."
>
> I have strong views about externalizing costs. The fact that firefighters
> will do their job regardless, doesn't let the architect, builder, home
> owner, etc., off the hook. Quite the contrary.

I agree very much with this, but consider that Philip's comment here was
a response to Wayne's suggestion that "some [fire departments] might not
enter the project property if access/egress is poor."  This seems to be
an attempt to make it clear what the consequences are, not to excuse
poor planning.

(You may take this as a plea for being careful about including proper
context in future messages, to bring two threads together.)

--twp
Mosaic Commons Cohousing
Berlin, MA