Re: question about wait lists
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 05:58:52 -0700 (PDT)
Cornerstone Cohousing does indeed maintain a wait list of ³friends of
Cornerstone².  Our master deed and bylaws state that anyone seeking to sell
a unit must first notify the community and withhold public notice for thirty
additional days.  The idea is that opportunity will be known first among the
waitlisters ? although there is no obligation for an owner to sell to a
waiter, nor to bypass open listings after the thirty days.  (Unclear how we
would enforce a violation of this rule.)

But it¹s a pretty rare congruence of celestial bodies that puts the right
kind of unit at the right price onto the market at just the right time for
waiter.  In practice, our experience has been yours:  Open market
transactions bringing in wonderful new people we¹ve never before met.

Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Cohousing
Cambridge, MA