Re: question about wait lists
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:37:51 -0700 (PDT)
I used to maintain a wait-list and notified people on it when we had a house for sale or a rental coming up. I don't think any of these wait-list contacts ever resulted in a rental or a sale.

People get interested in your community at a certain point in their life and if you have nothing open (or nothing that would suit them) right then, they will find another community or take a different path. As someone said, it would indeed be a remarkable confluence of heavenly bodies if they were still longing for YOUR community and in a position to do something when, a year or two or three later, they learn that we have something available.

Therefore our wait-list is in the past tense.

    Muriel at Shadowlake Village, Blacksburg, VA