Re: question about wait lists
From: Kay Argyle (Kay.Argyleutah.edu)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:56:27 -0700 (PDT)
We keep a mailing list of people who have expressed an interest in the
community. When a unit becomes available, we send a notice, as well as
posting flyers in locations that prospective cohousers might hang out.

A number of our residents have spent years eyeing the community before the
right confluence occurred of an appropriate unit being available at a time
they were ready to move. Out of this experience, we maintain
name-recognition outreach even when we don't have units available,
supplementing the leads that arise from word-of-mouth contact  with others
generated by booths at neighborhood fairs, on-going ads in a local
alternative monthly and a local recycling guide, and the like.

Kay
Wasatch Commons
Salt Lake City

database 5978 (20110323) __________