Re: Bad tenant alert
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:01:00 -0700 (PDT)
I disagree with the comments below.
I haven't seen any effort to badmouth all renters, or imply that most of them are questionable. I think that anyone who had a really bad experience (I had one with a woman who stayed with us as a guest, not a renter. I wish someone warned us!! - Apparently she had caused some trouble at another Tucson cohousing community, but
we didn't know about it.)

We also had a bad experience with some other questionable people. Unfortunately, there are people who have perfected a way of taking advantage of others (and are very good at lying; creating tight cover stories, etc.) - which means that
routine checks might not be enough.

This isn't to say that people should become ungenerous and paranoid, but I do want to encourage sharing information which might avoid needless suffering for other people/communities, and also wish to remind people to check with some diligence
before making decisions that are not so easy to back out of.

Racheli, Sonora Cohousing, Tucson.