Re: CH use rules
From: kkudia (kkudiapeoplepc.com)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 07:22:02 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon thanks you seemed to put us on track again. This discussion of rules basically seems to me to be one of semantics/connotations. Rules seemingly having a more negative connotation. I then looked up in Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary:

Rule (noun) is a prescribed guide for conduct, action, etc. Syn law. v.t. (1) to control, govern; manage.

2. direct by influence or counsel; guide (3) to decide (5) to moderate, restrain. Syn govern: decide.

Agreement (n) 1. state or act of agreeing; harmony of opinion, action (2) Law (a). an exchange of promises, mutual understanding, arrangement or stipulation (b). language or a writing embodying reciprocal promises (contract) Agree v.t. to come to terms or to a common understanding Syn: assent, concur, accord, conform: exist together without conflict….agreement in essentials.

Brought things into perspective for me. I can see that there can be control issues for some when the word rules are used instead of agreements.

Karen

Anthony FL

Message: 2