Re: parenting in cohousing. video games
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:19:05 -0700 (PDT)
We are OK with parents deciding what video games their kids play, but the issue becomes stickier when their playing "Halo" in the CH makes some passers-by clench up and get intensely upset at the concept that the players are being rewarded, in the game, for blowing up things and beings. And of course it is just the luck that the most dedicated-to- nonviolence types are exactly who walks by when it's happening.

Is the solution to curtain the window in the door to the video room? We very intentionally put windows in the doors for social connection and visibility: the CH is not designed for privacy, but for public interactions. Never a dull moment.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA
where it's delightfully cool and the huge rhubarb looks like elephant ears