Re: Smart Meters in communities
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:46:54 -0700 (PDT)
I used to teach with a physicist who edited one of the best academic,
peer-reviewed journals on physics. About 15 years ago, I asked her about the
feasibility of solar power.  She said we don't know what it will do to the
environment. No one has ever taken that much energy away from the sun before
and converted to other uses. How will that affect the sun? How will it affect
the …. She went on and on about the things we don't know about solar power. I
doubt if we know more today, except that the technology has vastly improved.
Whatever problems it might cause, it will cause faster.

No matter what we do, It will affect us in unexpected ways. Doing nothing is
also dangerous.

What I wonder about is why no one is talking about zero population growth any
more. The problem is too many people. We have to feed, clothe, entertain, etc,
more people than we or the earth can support.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC