Re: Smart Meters in communities
From: Alison Etter (alison.s.ettergmail.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:21:56 -0700 (PDT)
I totally agree with you about zero population growth.  Instead, in our
society, I see people guilted into keeping and looking after (in perpetuity)
severely mentally and physically disabled children even though they are a
huge cost to society, unconscious people being kept alive by machine, at
great cost, people with terminal diseases being forced remain alive long
after they would prefer to go, and many pregnant women forced to go to term
rather than have an abortion, when an abortion would be their preference.
 These are just a few examples.

I think a huge part of the problem is that our societies are economically
founded on continuous growth. For continuous growth, you have to have
continuously increasing demand.  That translates into a larger population.
 It is unsustainable.  And I don't see developed countries taking leadership
in moving in a new direction.  Greed underlies most decisions, as I see it.

Alison