Re: Smart Meters in communities
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 17:14:10 -0700 (PDT)
On 11 Jul 2011, at 7:35 PM, Moz wrote:

> Remember that we are not taking energy away from the sun - at most we are
> changing the albedo (reflectivity) of a planet that receives less than one
> part in a billion of the sun's radiated output. So I hope you're
> misremembering that discussion.

It is extremely probable that i misremembered the technical info — the point
was that she was saying we just don't know since we've never done it before.
While there may be no reason to think that it will have any huge effect, it
will have some effect. The whole universe is a system so each part affects each
other part in some way.

Another poster mentioned our economic dependence on growth. In terms of
socio-economic class one of the characteristics of often used to define middle
class is aspiration. A desire for more and better. A college degree, a bigger
house, a second car, a second home, etc. In cohousing the often expressed
desire is to downsize and have more shared resources. Some of this has, I
think, been hard to do. Sharing in some cases requiring too much time to
coordinate, and space restrictions being too hard. Downsizing to fit available
storage hasn't happened in all cases with stuff overflowing to balconies and
corridors.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines