Re: Sociocracy
From: Wayne Tyson (landrestcox.net)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 21:53:01 -0700 (PDT)
Lou and CoHo:

If it's "cracy," it can't be social. However, this culture is so, so far from being fully social that "sociocracy" may or may not ending up to being a transitional bridge to a truly transformational, continuously adaptive form of cooperation, shorn of competition. If my present "take" on the mean of the distribution is valid (and I sincerely hope it isn't), based on the "sample" I have now, cohousing seems to be more -cracy than social. In addition to my hope that I am wrong, I do recognize that an apparent minority do emphasize the adaptive value of social/cooperative behavior more than -cracy, and are thus headed in a transformational direction. Another, apparently dominant fraction seem to be--well, dominating and authoritarian.

I know not what others may say, but as for me, give me evolution--if an "organizational design" is needed.

WT (no cohousing yet)

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." --Albert Einstein

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lou Lieb" <louislieb [at] yahoo.com>