Re: Sociocracy
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:43:40 -0700 (PDT)
On 12 Jul 2011, at 9:55 PM, Lou Lieb wrote:

> I'm reading the Buck/Villines book on Sociocracy, but wonder whether its
> application to cohousing has been spelled out anywhere. I.e., what would the
> organizational design look like?

I've established an email list specifically for people who are implementing or
seriously moving toward implementing sociocracy and dynamic governance in their
communities. It is open to people living in or developing cohousing, other
forms of intentional communities, and people living in regular condos and other
group residential settings. It is also open to Cohousing Professionals, people
who are forming cohousing communities for others.

The list will be moderated and memberships approved. It is a small list that
came out of the Dynamic Governance workshop at the Coho University at the
National Conference. Discussion will be highly focused on the how-to and the
why, not theoretical arguments for or against.

I will be starting a book on this topic when I complete the revision of We the
People so it is also a sounding board for chapter drafts.

If you would like to join, send me an email or send one with blank subject line
to:

cohogov-subscribe [at] yahoogroups.com.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"Behavior is determined by the prevailing form of decision making." Gerard
Endenburg