Community Internships
From: Fran Hart (hartmagicfrontier.net)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:22:28 -0700 (PDT)
I'm wondering if any cohousing communities or Coho-Us have offered 'community
internships'.  Has anyone created a program offering students or interested
parties the opportunity to immerse in a community and provide housing,
experience and education on creating and living in community?

I have a small apartment I rent in my cohousing home (posted on Coho-l earlier
today) and I'm curious if this could be a greater opportunity.  Is there a need
or a market for community internships?  I know many people are looking to learn
and experience more about how to create and live in community and I'm looking
for ways to bring in more integrative livelihood.

We have interns at our farm, most of them join us through WWOOF, The World Wide
Opportunities on Organic Farms.  They link volunteers with organic farmers and
help people share more sustainable ways of living. www.wwoof.org  I like the
resourcing and networking components and I'm looking for ways to include cash
flow.

Any ideas or experience?
Cheers,
Fran Hart