Light Filled 2 BR home for sale at Takoma Village in Washington, DC
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 19:29:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all!

A rare event!  A 2 BR home is for sale here at Takoma Village in Washington,
DC.  Please contact the owner for more info:

Dennis Murphy
dmurphy [at] metro-networks.com

--begin--
Located in upper Northwest, Washington, DC,  Takoma Village Cohousing is home
to 43 households of all sizes, shapes, and colors.  We are a stone's throw from
Takoma Park, MD known as The Berkeley of the East and just minutes by metro
from the Capitol.  We're 1.5 blocks from the Red Line metro at Takoma.

We are an urban in-fill site.  We're GREEN.  We're sustainable.  We're looking
for a new household to join our 65 adults 20+ children, 5 dogs and waaaaay too
many cats.  Could this be you?

We have one sit down dinner per week and as many BBQ's, birthdays,
anniversaries, graduations, etc. that we can fit in a year as possible.  Every
holiday is a legitimate excuse to break out the beer, the BBQ (in warm weather)
and the snacks.  We watch major sports events, movies, and political debates.

We also work together with every adult expected to contribute to the health and
well-being of the community by volunteering for some aspect of workshare.  You
can read a lot more about the social aspects of our community on our website:
http://www.takomavillage.org

Here's some info about the home that is for sale:

__________________________________
2 Bedroom, one bath 820 sq. ft. unit.

At Takoma Village Co-Housing

6827 4th Street, NW, #315

Washington, DC 20012

THE UNIT:

Features:

12’ x 6’ balcony with southern exposure towards tree lined backyards of
neighbors (sheltered and green in the summer, sunlit in the winter.) LOADS of
natural light!

IKEA kitchen with Corian countertops, gas range, dishwasher, disposal, steel
sink, upgraded Amana refrigerator with lower drawer freezer.

High efficiency Bosch stacked washer and dryer in the unit.

Hardwood flooring throughout (except in bathroom.)

Three “light pipes” – one each in the living room, bathroom, and the master
bedroom add additional natural light in every season, rain or shine.

Handicapped accessible, with access to the elevator to all levels as well as
grab bars in the bathroom.

Small walk-in closet in the master bedroom; double door closet in the smaller
bedroom.

Upgraded light fixtures with dimmers in entry area and kitchen.

Ceiling fans in living Room and both bedrooms.

Geothermal HVAC system for heating and cooling: efficient and effective.

An 8’ x 6’ basement storage space.

THE COMMUNITY:

Built in 2000 after 2 years of collaboration and planning, the Community
features amenities such as a workshop, guest rooms, areas for children’s’ play
and adult socializing, a hot tub, office space, an exercise room, living room
with large flat screen for viewing with other community members, optional
shared meals in a large dining area, and more!

$305,000. Please - prequalified offers only will be considered, and potential
residents must demonstrate their interest in being involved community members.
No investors or potentially uninvolved residents will be considered.

Check us out.  Write for more info:  Murphy Dennis <dmurphy [at]
metro-networks.com>

--end--

Best --

Ann Zabaldo