Re: HGTV & Cohousing
From: Christine Johnson (manzjohnsonnetzero.net)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 13:32:52 -0700 (PDT)
Three of of us who live at Stone Curves watched the HGTV piece together and we were pleased that it wasn't TOO negative. I guess we had set the bar pretty low! I watched the filmmakers work their craft when here and what struck me was that the buyer, her son and the agent were coached and asked to repeat conversations. The woman who greeted the party in the library too, knew what was coming so she was prepared for her enthusiastic "hello".

That the agent began with the point that we "work together" was heartening. Of course the critique on the size of the home was a bummer but that they showed the common house and pool, excellent.

I answer inquires to info [at] stonecurves.org and the next day we received a serious inquiry. So in general, I think it was a good thing.

Our experience with agents is like Sharon's, not typically positive but when people need to sell, with one exception, they use an agent. There is an agent who often represents Stone Curves sellers who herself lives in a neighboring cohousing community and she does sell the benefits of cohousing. Of course sellers do try to educate their uninformed agents but you know, people typically rely on methods ingrained through habit. We have had folks move in who were pleasantly surprised at what cohousing actually turned out to be.

Christine Johnson
Stone Curves Cohousing
Tucson, AZ

Dermatologists Hate Her!
Local mom reveals $5 trick to erase wrinkles. Shocking results exposed.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4e2b2fd711f46190d0bst01duc