Re: Kids in community
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 15:07:35 -0700 (PDT)
On 12 Aug 2011, at 5:45 PM, R.N. Johnson wrote:

> Now if he only felt that way about chores at home...  Last week, having
> exasperated both of his parents with loud refusals to get dressed take his
> dishes to the sink/ put his toys away and on the verge of being on the
> receiving end of some unduly loud and uncomplimentary parental remarks, he
> saw the imminent fireworks and went to a neighbor's house for a break.

When I was about 9 I had a friend with whom I did chores. We would do her house
or my house and then switch. It was much more fun. There was also a bit of
competition to be the one with the most responsible jobs.

Maybe the kids need a workday that circulates them around the homes instead of
the common spaces.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"Behavior is determined by the prevailing form of decision making." Gerard
Endenburg

  • Kids in community R.N. Johnson, August 12 2011
    • Re: Kids in community Sharon Villines, August 12 2011