Re: Passive House - energy efficiency
From: James Kacki (jimkackimymts.net)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:46:04 -0700 (PDT)
Reply to Norm's question:
Air exchange is a Code requirement now and it is most often accomplished by an HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilator). Indoor air is blown out through the HRV and outdoor air is sucked in through the HRV. The air is passed through many adjacent fins so that the heat is exchanged for energy efficiency. The best ones are, I believe, about 80% efficient
James