Re: The Red Mercedes [was Consensus, Majority Vote, "Blocks"]
From: Wayne Tyson (landrestcox.net)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 13:30:33 -0700 (PDT)
Dane, et al:

Your message comes from a place where we all can be rather more than less, but we are in the clutches of culture (mortgages, laws, pepper-spray even though you're behind the barricades, and other general absurdities borne of affluenza). Thanks.

That we "have to" scratch up snips and shards of social interaction despite cultural trappings rather than through a culture that facilitates it, is a sensed travesty which cohousing has the potential to transform. Realizing that potential is not "easy," but it is a fitting, and I think natural, challenge. It is not fantasy--it is vision. One in which rests, if it rests anywhere, the "salvation" of the degradation of life that culture has handed us. We can take back our souls, and we can restore our birthright, and we can reject the pottage that cultural manipulation spreads before us. The temptation is wearing thin, eh?

WT