Re: The Red Mercedes [was Consensus, Majority Vote, "Blocks"]
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 04:44:41 -0700 (PDT)
Wayne Tyson <landrest [at] cox.net>
after deleting excessive quoting.

Please only enough of previous message to provide contecxt for the
reply.

Well, the English translator arrogantly used "in" instead of "of," a
distinction which Huizinga made clear he wanted to draw. The translator
(most of the translations do not name him), explained himself, saying "I
chose the more euphonious ablative." I should have inserted [sic, sic]. I
would like to see it translated again from the original Dutch, not from
"both the Dutch and the German versions" as I believe the currently
available translation is. Preferably by someone who is fluent in both
English and American (dialects and cultures) as well as Dutch.

WT