Re: Consensus changing the world
From: Moz (listmoz.geek.nz)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 16:47:54 -0700 (PDT)
Racheli said:
> Also - lots of feminist groups have used (and I imagine still using)
> consensus.

Oh, definitely. I was reacting to the "they use consensus, they must be
co-housers" feeling of the comment by giving examples of other groups
that use consensus. "On Conflict and Consensus" was published in 1988
as a way of conveying their years of experience of consensus, so it's
hardly a new or unknown way of organising for protest groups.

According to wikipedia formal consensus is used by some hunter-gatherer
societies so it's pretty old:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_decision-making#Historical_examples

Moz