Volunteers needed for Coho/US website
From: Melanie Mindlin (sassettamind.net)
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:41:38 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Cohousers,

Coho/US is looking for people to help out on our website. Most of these volunteer tasks should not take a lot of time, but a certain amount of continued attention. We would greatly appreciate your help.

Blogging. We would love to have someone who would like to write a blog on the Coho/US website. Maybe you are involved in cohousing activities around your region or perhaps you are in a forming community that is investigating cohousing life in a variety of places. Maybe you’re just good at observing life in your own community and drawing out interesting experiences and thoughtful observations of value to other cohousers. And you love to write. You could write about these things on a blog on the Coho/US website.

Collect content from the listserve. Do you read coho-l and think, “we should capture that important idea and make it available to more people?” This is your chance to collect interesting ideas from coho- l and create content for the Coho/US website. This could be done simply as quotes or you could do articles that explain the context and connections.

Php assistance. Do you know how to do super-techie php? I don’t even know what this is, but our website manager could really use some help in this area. If you have this skill, we would really appreciate it if you could donate some time to help out Coho/US.

Website Design Project Management Advisor: We need a volunteer to help Rebecca Lanes, our new Executive Director, plan a project to upgrade the Coho/US website. You should be experienced with professional website design so you can help estimate our needs, time, costs, sequence and approach to the project.

Website Calendar Assistant. We are losing our volunteer that has been helping post community events to the calendar on our website. We get about 5-15 items for posting each month. This job requires frequent checking, but little actual time to perform.

Please write me back if you would consider helping with any of these tasks. I would also love to hear from you if there are other areas in which you would like to get involved with the National Cohousing Association.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,.
Melanie Mindlin
Coho/US Volunteer Coordinator
"Making Better Neighborhoods for the Future."