Cohousing in Land Use Code
From: Melanie Mindlin (sassettamind.net)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 11:13:46 -0700 (PDT)
I wonder if any of you know about local land-use code that addresses pedestrian-accessed housing? This is the term we're using to describe what makes cohousing and similar projects different from the norm from a land-use point of view. I'm on the Planning Commission of Ashland, Oregon and, with the mayor's encouragement, am investigating ways to lower the barriers to cohousing communities. We already have "planned unit development"/"performance standards" that address a lot of the issues but believe we could do better with language specific to these kinds of communities, which could include increased density in exchange for less road coverage.

I would appreciate any leads you have to existing land-use code of this nature.
Thanks,
Melanie Mindlin