|Re: Technology question: Meal system||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)|
|Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 07:33:30 -0800 (PST)|
At RoseWind (Port Townsend WA) we do this very low-tech. The bulletin- board sign-up form gives a place to write in the date, cooks, and menu, then a list of members and frequent meal guests. If you're coming, circle your name; if you're not, cross it off. Add a note if you will have guests. If cooks choose to, they can send out an email. I often phone people who haven't indicated one way or another. Often they say, "Yes, I forgot to sign up." This gives me a more accurate count to aim for, in terms of food and of spending.
And I know from experience that several people will phone or show up at the last minute. So I factor in a few extra servings, if the budget ($3.75 per adult diner) leaves me room to do so, which it usually does. If I"m not sure there's enough, I tell the last minute caller, "Come at 615, not 6, and see what's left!"
This system has worked pretty well for us for some years. Maraiah Lynn Nadeau www.rosewind.org Check out the beautiful two storey dome that's for sale.
Technology question: Meal system Catya Belfer, November 7 2011
- Re: Technology question: Meal system Shari Hirst, November 7 2011
- Re: Technology question: Meal system Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah, November 8 2011
- Re: Technology question: Meal system Eris Weaver, November 8 2011
- Re: Technology question: Meal system Sheryl Faria, November 8 2011
- Re: Technology question: Meal system Sean Davey, November 8 2011
- Re: Technology question: Meal system Bryan Syverson, November 9 2011
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.