Re: Technology question: Meal system
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 08:56:36 -0800 (PST)
Catya wrote:
> If your community does something great with > technology to handle meal
RSVP etc, tell me
> about it?

Here at FrogSong we use an online system for meal signups and financial
payment/contributions. The programming was done by one of our younger
members (15 years old at the time! Now a freshman at Cal Poly SLO.). Menus
are posted, cooks and eaters sign up, shoppers enter their expenses, etc.
You even get an automated email reminder if you haven't signed up for your
cook shift in a month.

Several of us have encouraged the young man responsible to consider selling
this to other communities; I will check on the status of that and report
back.

Author, "Let's Talk About Money: A Conversation Guide for Intentional
Communities"
eris [at] erisweaver.info
707-338-8589
http://www.erisweaver.info