Rental policies?
From: Marty Roberts (martyrsonic.net)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 17:40:12 -0800 (PST)
We here at Two Acre Wood in Sebastopol are in the thick of a discussion about home rental policies and amending our CC&R's. Many of you probably know about the law going into effect Jan. 1 that will not allow CC&R's to limit rentals if the don't already have this in their CC&R's.

We are looking at a proposal that no more than 3 of our 14 houses can be rented out at any one time. We have heard that with 50% rentals, homes would have a very hard time selling or getting financing.

Do others have policies like this and how are they working? Pros and cons?
Thanks,
Marty

P.S. Having a roommate in an owner occupied home is not a concern - it is only when the whole house is rented out by an absent owner.

Marty Roberts Productions
Web, video, and event production
Social media marketing
Project design and management