Re: Rental policies?
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 02:13:35 -0800 (PST)
There are big problems with this, because such a policy would empower the
unilateral actions of the first-comers-first-served to deprive other members of
equivalent property rights.  It's roughly comparable to placing an upper limit
of X children in the community as whole — which, if enforced, could compel some
members to move out, place a baby for adoption, or get an abortion.

Your proposal may not, in fact, be legal in your state.  But never mind what
the attorneys think.  You need to take into consideration the ethics and
consequences of such mandates.

For every ailment under the sun,
There is a remedy, or there is none.
If there be one, try to find it;