Re: Agile Practices [was The Red Mercedes]
From: Dane Laverty (danelavertygmail.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 08:13:31 -0800 (PST)
I think you're right on all counts. The key is in the closing line of the
declaration:

"That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the
items on the left more."

Of course processes, contracts, and plans are important. None of the
comparisons is an either/or situation. As you point out, you can having
both working software *and* comprehensive documentation, as long as you
have the time and resources for it. The way I understand the manifesto is
that, in a situation where you lack the resources to accomplish both the
left-hand column and the right-hand column targets, it's better to lean in
the direction of the left-hand column ones.

Dane