Rental policies?
From: Brian Tremback (brian.trembackgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:05:37 -0800 (PST)
Responding to Diana Carroll who wrote:

"I don't like it.  Who gets to decide WHICH of the households gets to rent? If
you have two available for rent at the same time, does whoever latches on
to a renter first get the spot?  If a renter moves out, do you let the same
owner rent again, or allow an owner who is "in the queue"?"

Situations are different. Perhaps there would be no harm that could come
from uncontrolled rentals at your community, and maybe there is little
threat of a large proportion of rentals there. But for us, living across
the street from the University of Vermont and the state's largest medical
center, rentals are an investment opportunity. Imagine the effect on a
community of having units turn into dorm rooms owned by absentee landlords.
I suspect that those communities considering rental limits are those that
have the most to lose from a lack of restrictions.

Brian Tremback
Burlington Cohousing, Vermont