Re: Rental policies? / Adoption & ratification process
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 11:11:44 -0800 (PST)
On 11 Nov 2011, at 2:15 PM, Kay Wilson Fisk wrote:

> Our
> precedent for this is that this is exactly the process our Declaration
> specifies for approval of the budget: the board "adopts," and the
> community "ratifies."

We do this the opposite way. The membership consents and the board ratifies by
consent. In DC and in most states the Board is responsible for all decisions.
The board can delegate the decision but not the responsibility. So for a
policy, which has the same standing as the Bylaws, as legally enforceable, the
board ratifies.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines