Re: Rental policies?
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 12:07:19 -0800 (PST)
If this applied to us (it doesn't, we are in MA) I would double check
Raines' understanding and make sure that it doesn't require lien-holder
consent, as well.

Our lawyer told us when creating our CCRs/condo docs that to modify the
documents would require consent of every owner AND of every lienholder, ie:
all the mortgage lenders.  This makes sense, because the banks do review
the condo docs before writing the mortgage to begin with, so they want to
make sure they won't be changed out from under them.

I have no idea of this new law has similar restrictions.  Or, more to the
point, whether a CA court would find in favor of a mortgage company who had
an opinion on the subject.

- Diana