Re: menus/cookbooks for community meals
From: Judith Bush (jbushtogether.net)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 07:53:33 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for responding, Mariana - and some others as well, just to me.  I'll
look up the book you recommend.  We do use Moosewood Cooks for a Crowd.
We cook for between 25 and 40.  Meals are often vegetarian, though vegetarians
are in the minority here.  If there is meat, there is a vegetarian option, and
often a kid-friendly option too.  In a recent discussion, people voiced dislike
of an overdose of carbs - more at pot lucks, but at prepared meals too, because
it is so quick/easy (and tasty) to do a pesto pasta for example.  So another
goal is to develop a repertoire of protein rich dishes for cooked meals.
Parents also want that for their kids.
Judith