Re: Mission Statements
From: Eva Passalacqua (evathinknot.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:24:46 -0800 (PST)
We're now trying to move past our Mission/Values into the work of figuring out
how we bring these into practice -- here's how our Community Life committee
articulated our goals around this:

"Let's define our Community Culture.
We want to begin the important community discussion about how we live together,
deal with our differences, and deal with each other in the "middle" times. We
are amazing in times of great crisis and times of great joy -- how can we
improve the way we live together in less extreme times? We've defined our
values as a community -- how do we apply those values to daily living?"

(Almost as lofty as the Mission and Values!)

We're planning to start with a facilitated discussion around our first value:

"We value and strive toward supporting and nurturing each community member,
from infant to elder, and treating each other with kindness, compassion and
respect."

So that we can begin to unpack the different meanings these words have for the
members of our community...

Eva

Eva Passalacqua
Rocky Hill Cohousing