Re: ? Wood floors in CommonHouse?
From: Karen Carlson (kcarlson2wisc.edu)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:12:19 -0800 (PST)
We installed a special fiber bamboo in our main room and hallways that's
supposed to be much stronger than oak.  After 3 years there is only one or two
serious scratches which think is remarkable given the abuse.  (We do try to
cushion table & chair legs but no system is perfect.)

Here's info about the floors but I don't remember which bamboo we got--the
hardest, I think.

http://ecofriendlyflooring.com/bamboo_faq.html

We put cork in our smaller rooms and ceramic tile in the kitchen.

Good luck,
Karen
Arboretum Cohousing Community
Madison, Wi