Re: ? Wood floors in CommonHouse?
From: James Kacki (jimkackimymts.net)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:07:05 -0800 (PST)
Hi Do,
Just curious -why do you say don't wear outside shoes & high heels on it. The manufacturers say it is harder than hardwoods -see the quote below from Eco -Friendly Flooring Inc.
James
Why bamboo? It makes sense. By using bamboo, we do not diminish hardwood forests that have taken decades to mature, and we help to preserve the habitat of our often endangered wildlife. Bamboo produces new shoots each year and individual stems are harvested from controlled forests every three to five years. If bamboo is not harvested after five years it falls over, unable to continue growing. How durable is it? This very hard and very durable material is an average of 13% harder than maple. It is 27% harder than northern red oak and expands and contracts 50% less. Most people with pets find it harder and longer lasting that most other floor coverings.