Please delete any unneeded quoted material
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:56:19 -0800 (PST)
Today I will be resending three messages after deleting quoted
material (quotes of about 4 previous messages).  Quoted messages can
make reading digests  quite cumbersome - wading thru quotes to find
the next message.  Over half of cohousing-L subscribers use digest
mode. It also bloats the archives, results in searches of archives to
have redundant hits.

PLEASE take a few seconds to
delete any unneeded quoted material.

Note that I resend messages with excessive quotes sporatically.
First the message has to have been held for my review - often
because the quotes pushed the message over the 8K byte size.
It also depends on the degree of excessive quoting and whether
I happen to feel inclined to take the time to prune and resend
a message.

My intent is not to focus on individuals whose messages I happen
to resend with that preamble and comment but rather to
raise awareness of the problem.  Please do not be offended but...
next time you reply...

PLEASE take a few seconds to
delete any unneeded quoted material.

Fred, listserv manager, http://justcomm.org