Flooring in CH
From: Andrea Carlson (apierlioniaol.com)
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 11:19:58 -0800 (PST)
Hello All:

I am reporting from Nevada City Cohousing regarding our flooring.  We have a
prefabricated bamboo finished floor which unfortunately did not perform very
well for us.  The floor is about 5 + years old and needs a complete redo.
There are gouges and scratches everywhere and it looks just terrible.  I am
so disappointed in its performance.  Therefore, my advice to you is to seek
out DURABILITY in whatever products are used for the CH.  It seems our CH
gets much harder use than private homes.  While establishing a no shoes
policy will definitely help the matter, it is practically difficult to
enforce at all times.

I guess it is a community decision what type of environmental products to
use at the expense of more frequent replacement.  I would be eager to read
anyone's suggestions of a flooring that really worked well and held up in CH
use as no doubt, we will be looking to replace ours soon.

Andrea Carlson