Honolulu Housing Hui Seeks New Members for Cohousing, Hawaiian Style
From: Evan Anderson (evananderson2gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:21:05 -0800 (PST)
Aloha, Cohousing Friends!

After a protracted search for a site, we've got one!  Please share with
your island (or island-bound) friends that the Honolulu Housing Hui's
project is a GO!  We're looking for twenty additional families to join our
group as we begin the collaborative design process with our consortium of
project architects, Sandbox (see sample work at
http://www.deforestarchitects.com and http://www.schemataworkshop.com and
http://www.collabstudio.com).

Details on the project are at honoluluhousinghui.org, including the Hui's
vision and conceptual sketches of the building (12-story mid-rise
condominium, with multiple shared common outdoor lanai spaces and a
spacious roof garden). While we have not included a conventional common
house, the tropical climate allows us to share meals, 'ohana-style, in any
of our many outdoor spaces.  The location is on the Ala Wai canal, four
blocks from Ala Moana Beach Park and across the street from McCully
Shopping Center.

Deposits for units will be taken starting in December, in the amount of
$25,000.  Construction should begin in the spring of 2012.

Unit types and price ranges are estimated as follows:
2br/2ba, 750 sq. ft., low $400,000s
3br/1.5ba, 1000 sq. ft., low $500,000s
3br/2ba, 1200 sq. ft., low $600,000s

Please share the news, and contact us with any questions. We look forward
to meeting you!

Evan Anderson
Honolulu Housing Hui
info [at] honoluluhousinghui.org