Re: Unit selection process
From: Catya Belfer (catyapobox.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:17:41 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Timothy Hunter <durham.coho [at]
gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm looking for advice and experiences about a process for selecting units
> in our cohousing condominium.
>
> We are building a 24-unit multi-story urban condominium. We are planning
> on offering condo units in three sizes, small, medium, and large, with
> minor differences in amenities.
>
> I'd like to hear from existing communities like ours about their process
> for selecting units.
>
> At what point in the process did buyers firmly (irrevocably) commit to a
> specific kind of unit (multi-story or flat, small or large, etc.)?

Irrevocably? When they signed purchase and sale agreements.

> Once the mix of units was chosen, how did you go about allowing
> individuals to choose specific units?

We did this, and it turned out to work beautifully:
http://www.mosaic-commons.org/unitselection

> What pitfalls should we be on the look out for?

Keep both the number unit types and the number of building types small.

     - cat [without the coho us staff hat on]

Catya Belfer   -  www.catya.org
Cohousing in MA!  -  www.mosaic-commons.org