Re: Unit selection process
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:57:14 -0800 (PST)
On 30 Nov 2011, at 4:44 PM, Sharon Villines wrote:

> People need to have outs as their circumstances change. The group just needs
> to cover their own risks when that happens. That's one reason not to do
> severe customizations. What happens when someone leaves and the group has to
> sell that unit?

Another thing I forgot to mention. I joined Takoma Village when many of the
units had been spoken for. I wanted a flat but only duplexes were left. The
developer was smart in not finalizing the plans until the units were spoken
for, because they were then changed to make several duplexes flats. I was not
the only one who wanted a flat — the duplexes were not selling as well as flats.

At the risk if repetition, our small units have all had auctions. Per square
foot they are the most valuable. 658-727 SF, one bedroom with a den.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC