Re: Unit selection process
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:46:01 -0800 (PST)
On 30 Nov 2011, at 5:11 PM, rhmorrison [at] aol.com wrote:

>  Did you increase the number of units when you did this?

No. I think they were the same size but on one floor. He changed stacks.

>  Did the developer put soundproofing in the floors between the flats that
> were originally planned to be two-story units?

We don't have enough soundproofing anywhere. It is vitally important. We hear
everything from up and down. I once knew  my upstairs neighbors had purchased a
new vacuum cleaner because the sound was different.

Once people were totally moved in and bought furniture the sound was much
better. The heavy stuff weighs down the floor and stops the vibrations. Carpets
stop clicking sounds but not stomping. Some people are heavy walkers. Kids jump
up and down. People drop things.

Several people have added soundproofing to the walls in their bedrooms. One
because their neighbor had a coffee machine that ground beans in the bedroom.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC