Re: Unit selection process
From: R.N. Johnson (cohorandayahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 09:56:35 -0800 (PST)
Our situation was a little different because we ended up moving into an
existing complex. But I do remember that many more people originally wanted
larger units than could afford them at our outrageous local real estate market.
We also had many people who asked for 1 bedroom units, who couldn't actually
afford to live in alone.  We also did some unit shifting after move in (we
moved to a 3 bedroom, switching with a family that needed a smaller monthly
payment). So don't get too set on building for the exact make-up of your group-
there will be turnover.  Also, remember that you may be able to change unit
after move in as neighbors families grow or shrink, and as people move on.
Also, it is worth letting people know that unit selection procedures may change
you really have to sell the last units and Family X will only buy if the can
take a certain unit.  Good luck.

Randa Johnson