Re: Wiki [was Facebook page?]
From: Catya Belfer (catyapobox.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 08:09:08 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Sharon Villines
<sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>wrote:

> The most effective tool I've found for  both collecting and storing
> information is a wiki. Wikipedia is the perfect example. The reason it
> works is that people can edit a subject until it is fully developed and
> correct. What it takes is visibility so people remember that it has been
> established and is up and working and they can add information.

> Two things are required — a main person or persons who maintain the
> structure and all the elves who contribute information.

The third thing is someone to moderate / monitor it, which is not something
we have.  Instead we have gone with adding the information on the website
as we get it, which also works.

Fred closed the old wiki [for good reasons] - see his note here:
http://lists.cohousing.org/pipermail/cohousing-l/msg33737.html

I'd love to get the content on http://l.cohousing.org/cohousingwiki.htm up
on the cohousing.org website, so that it can be found via nav and searched
vis the site search.

     - cat

Catya Belfer   -  www.catya.org
Cohousing in MA!  -  www.mosaic-commons.org