The Honolulu Housing Hui Presents a Virtual Open House--Sunday, December 11th, 3pm-5pm at 3029 Lowrey Ave
From: Evan Anderson (evananderson2gmail.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 00:32:33 -0800 (PST)
   Aloha, Friends!

I would like you move in with me. Actually, I'd like you to join my group,
the Honolulu Housing Hui, and help us design and build the most affordable,
family-friendly, community-focused, eco-conscious, and architecturally
awesome apartment complex metro Honolulu has ever seen . . . and have me as
your neighbor.  Seriously. Intrigued?  Read on.

The Honolulu Housing Hui <http://honoluluhousinghui.org> is an independent
group of UH faculty and friends committed to making the dream of buying our
own homes in Hawaii a reality.  We're getting closer than ever to building
the "intentional neighborhood" of our dreams.  Our developer has located an
incredible site, secured financial backing, and hired our chosen architects
to start the conceptual design work (see attached images).  The Hui's
responsibility, in turn, is to recruit kindred spirits (like you) and
enroll them in our group.  You may have heard many of the details already
from me or other members of the Hui, but here is the short list of our
working assumptions:

•  New construction of a 12-story condominium building along the Ala Wai
canal promenade between McCully and Kalakaua
Aves<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=624+Pumehana+Street,+Honolulu,+HI&hl=en&ll=21.289414,-157.833796&spn=0.022832,0.037551&sll=21.308162,-157.806897&sspn=0.011415,0.018775&vpsrc=6&hnear=624+Pumehana+St,+Honolulu,+Hawaii+96826&t=h&z=15>
.
•  24-30 units
•  Green, community-positive, contemporary design with generous common
areas accessible from each unit (see attached renderings)
•  2- and 3-bedroom units, 750-1200 square feet
•  Price: Low $400,000s to low $600,000s
•  Deposit: $25,000 (held in escrow, fully refundable until condo plan is
approved and permitted--approx. 4 months from now)
Keep reading . . .

Best of all, members joining the Hui now will receive discounted pricing,
and participate in the design of the building. See the attached document
for a description of the collaborative workshops proposed by our
architects.  New members will also be instrumental in drafting the
homeowners' association rules for the community.

Please stop by the big banyan tree next to building A at Kau'iokahaloa Nui
Apartments between 3pm and 5pm on Sunday to meet the group, pick up
informational materials, and ask us any questions you have--or just sign
right up to join the Hui!   Our developer will be there, along with
representatives from a local mortgage company who can answer questions
about mortgage costs and terms.  You're welcome to call me this week with
any questions you have about our project.  I look forward to seeing you!

Your future neighbor,

Evan Anderson
Honolulu Housing Hui, LLC
389-0270