Workday Progress Report 11/12/11
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 05:42:23 -0800 (PST)
Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>

The PDF file was not in Sharon's message but the html version
of the 3 colum table displayed quite well for me (Firefox), so I put
it at http://l.cohousing.org/workday.htm

I reformatted the lines of the text version below so that the
3 lines (usually) of the table lines are together seperated by
a blank line from the next table entry.

Fred

This is a sample of the lists our maintenance pod leader keeps for
maintenance and workday tasks. On an ongoing basis she lists tasks,
what needs to be done, what supplies need to be obtained the day
before, and who to ask for help or who is organizing. On the workday
one of our members sits with the list to help people choose tasks and
mark off the completed tasks. Then she uses the same form to report to
the membership following workdays.

Needless to say she is a super detail person — lives by lists. It
has made workdays very productive.

I don't know how this will appear on the list — the formatting is
rich text which I don't use. I also attached a PDF — the part
clipped off is only the edge of the chart.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org

TVC Work Day Progress Report – 11/12/11      Thanks to 31 adults and 6 kids!

MAINTENANCE JOB
WHERE
WORKER(S)

Organize Workday (coordinate point people, prepare job lists, arrange
lunch workers, schedule child care)
Eleanor / Alicia / Don / Grace / Bill / Herb

Serve as job broker
Carrie / Dennis C.

Prepare & clean up after lunch
Nancy / Ariel / Candice

Tighten the loose toilet seat
main bathroom
Alicia

Replace caulk around the bathtub
guest room
Jim

Reattach the collar of the ceiling fixture near the 2ndfloor balcony
dining room
Alicia

Label the 3rd floor sliding doors: Do Not Open
3rd floor hall
Alicia

Reattach the loose strap on the downspout in front
119
Jim

Repair the frame around the ladder bin
workshop
Jim

Get a replacement key for the Faciliites Team key box
workshop
Jim

Moved the wheeled table in the office to the sun room & put a square
dining table in the office
office / sun room
Kathryn

Oil butcher block countertop
kitchen
Kathryn

Expose jets on S side of hot tub
hot tub
Paul P. (board taken up)

Cull & organize toys (discard punctured balls), sweep concrete
N stairwell
Joan

Sweep up debris from curb around entire parking lot perimeter
parking lot
Joan

Sweep up debris from corner by dumpster
parking lot
Joan

Seal wooden decks, steps, and railings
various locations
Sue / Cait / Michael L / Peter / Ali / Norton / Bruce / Robbin / Kathy / Bern

CLEANING JOB
WHERE
WORKER(S)

Vacuum & clean cork walkway
dining room
Kathryn

Vacuum floor; mop floor
exercise room
Bill

Dust, vacuum carpet, straighten furnishings, empty trash
game room
Joan

Clean counters & sinks, clean range top
kitchen
Harriet

Sweep & mop linoleum
kitchen
Harriet / Kathryn

Clean fridge & freezer (inside & out)
kitchen
Harriet / Berhane

Empty trash; wash out all trash cans
kitchen
Harriet

Wipe washers & dryers & window sills; clean sink
laundry room
Joan

Vacuum door mats (by side door & by back door); vacuum & mop linoleum
laundry room
Joan

Remove detergent cups from washers & rinse clean
laundry room
Joan

Clean rubber seals in washer doors
laundry room
Joan

Dust furniture & window sills, vacuum floor & rug, wash windows
living room
Sue

Empty trash
office, laundry room
Harriet

Wipe elevator surfaces with a dry rag; sweep & mop floor
elevator
Kathy

Dust, clean glass tables, vacuum floor
sun room
Sue / Kathryn

Wash interior windows & sills
sun room
Sue

Sweep & mop stairs between 1st & 2nd floor
CH stairs
Kathy

Wash baseboards, window sills & white shelves
vestibule
Kathy

Vacuum mats; sweep & mop linoleum
vestibule
Kathy

Wash interior windows & doors
vestibule
Sue

GARDENING JOB
WHERE
WORKER(S)

Trim euonymous in front & along side of 123
Green
Don

Deadhead hostas in front of 119-120
Green
Don

Trim back variegated ivy from wooden stairs & cement surfaces between 118-119
Green
Don

Deadhead astilbe & hostas in front of 117-118
Green
Don

Deadhead daisies
4th St.
Carol

Remove dead portulaca & weeds & mulch lightly in bed in front of 109
piazza
Carol / Sucha

Remove dead portulaca & weeds & mulch lightly in beds under trellis
piazza
Lowell / Sophia

Remove dead plants in tower triangle bed
piazza
Lowell / Sophia

Remove dead vines on chain link fence
parking lot
Steve / Bryan

Deadhead perennials
hot tub area
Alison / Bob

Weed & mulch beds as needed
hot tub area
Alison / Bob

Move soil from walkway work, break it up & smooth it, cover with mulch
SE corner
Mark / Bruce

Pick up loose sticks
SE corner
Elliot

Rake leaves to SW corner of fenced area
SE corner
Mark / Bruce / Asif

Remove piles of soil beside sidewalk; use good soil for infill
SE corner
Mark / Bruce / Jim / Don

Clean & fold tarps used during walkway work
SE corner
Jim

Edge grass along sidewalk
Aspen St.