Re: Paying coho members for professional services
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 05:38:46 -0800 (PST)
Susan Coberly <susandgeorge [at] gmail.com>
after deleting quoted digest.

accountants, who are members of your cohousing community. LaQuerencia /
Fresno Cohousing doesn't employ its members for professional expertise.  I
am an attorney. Sometimes the group or the officers might seek my "take" on
something, including a legal issue affecting our community (organized under
CA law as a condominium). I may give my off the cuff opinion but then
advise expert advice might be needed by an attorney who is not a community
member and who practices in that area of law..Agree with Sharon V about
problems in hiring - and firing - such advisors, if he/she is a member of
the community.

Susan C, LaQuerencia