Re: Annual audit ? Bookkeeping? Reserve studies
From: Ruth Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:09:41 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

We have never done a Reserve Study.  As the liaison with this List, I have
forwarded a lot of the e-conversation about it to my neighbor on our Long Term
Planning Committee.  Would someone please send a definition of what it is? And
how it is worth the expense.  Part of her response is below.
Thank you,
Ruth
Cantines Island CoHousing, Saugerties, NYS

From Long Term Planning:   "I don't really know what a reserve study is.  We
have consistently tried to keep our CPA expenses as low as possible, and even
talked at Community meetings about filling out our own tax returns.
    I guess we need to check to see if we are in full compliance with law -
hopefully [the attorneys in our community]  will have an informed opinion.
Meanwhile Long Term Planning is charged with task of alerting the community to
big expenses forthcoming.  We depend on the will of the community to decide how
much we are putting in reserve.
    Its interesting fuel for discussion at either Legal/Finance or Long Term
Planning Meetings.