POLICY RESOURCES [was Wiki was Facebook page?]
From: Laura Fitch (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:17:41 -0800 (PST)
All,

Regarding the request for policies, the referrals to the existing policy
wiki site, and the request that policies be more searchable, etc. I am
posting below the Table of Contents for the  document that I am working on
for the Cohousing Association.  It is in draft form and currently called:
"Cohousing Resources - Useful Documents shared by existing and forming
communities".  It will be a single document available as a downloadable PDF
on the cousing.org website.  I hope it will proof to be more useful and
searchable than other formats and I hope it will be updated once a year.  We
are compiling and sorting, but NOT culling information that we have gathered
from the wiki site and other places - we will leave the culling for the end
users!

Please consider looking at the table of contents (I can send you a PDF
attachment that is easier to read) for omissions and/or gaps that your
community can fill.

Please send information to me at lfitch [at] krausfitch.com.

Thanks,
Laura Fitch, AIA, LEED BD+C
Board Member of the Cohousing Association of the US
lfitch [at] krausfitch.com
www.cohousing.org

Introduction:   5
Purpose 5
Other Resources:        6
Buildings:      7
Exterior Modifications / Design Review  7
Exterior Modifications - WindSong 2002  7
Exterior Modifications - WindSong 2007  7
Construction Rules - Columbia Ecovillage 2009   8
Vehicles:  Car Sharing, Parking, etc.   10
Car Sharing     10
Prairie Sky Car Sharing Agreement, 2011 10
Parking 11
Parking Policy - Columbia Ecovillage 2009       11
Parking Allocation - Creekside Commons 2007     11
Parking Agreement - Trillium Hollow 2007        12
Parking Policy - WindSong 2008  13
Abandoned Motor Vehicles And Parts - Pioneer Valley Cohousing - 1998    15
Driving 15
Driving Access/Speed - Pioneer Valley Cohousing 15
Other types of transport        16
GOLF CART USE - Pioneer Valley Cohousing - 2002 16
People On Wheels Policy - Pioneer Valley Cohousing - 2002       17
Children:  Childcare, Kids' Rooms, Playgrounds  17
Child Care Steward - EcoReality 2008    17
Playroom Agreements - WindSong  18
Common House Use        19
Common House Use - Pioneer Valley Cohousing - 2003      19
Compensation for Use - Arboretum Cohousing 2007 22
Committees and Teams    24
Columbia Ecovillage 2009        24
Committees & Work Teams - Pioneer Valley Cohousing      30
Organizational Model - Creekside Commons        31
Communications  33
Creekside Commons 2008  33
Email - Ecoreality 2009 35
Public Email Protocol - WindSong 2007   36
Official Communication Policy - WindSong 2006   36
Relationships & Responsibilities Agreements - WindSong Cohousing Community
37
Conflict Resolution     38
Community Agreements Team (CAT) Proposal - Windsong     38
Creekside Commons 2008  43
Columbia Ecovillage 2009        44
Decision Making 45
Consensus       45
Decision Making - Columbia Ecovillage 2009      45
Decision Making - Creekside Commons     46
Consensus Decision Making- EcoReality 2006      49
Decision Making - O.U.R. Ecovillage     51
Decision Making - Pioneer Valley 1996-2003      51
Consensus Decision Making - Quayside Village 2006       53
Decision Making - WindSong 2009 53
Use of Cards - WindSong 1998    56
Decision Making - WindSong 1998 57
Consensus Decision Making - Yarrow Eco-Village  61
Sociocracy      63
Sociocracy Summary - Pioneer Valley Cohousing   63
Decision Board  64
Decision Board Policy - Pioneer Valley Cohousing        64
Meetings        65
Meetings - Columbia Ecovillage 2007     65
Financing       66
General 66
Finances - Columbia Ecovillage 2009     66
Finances - General - Pioneer Valley Cohousing   67
Replacement reserves    70
Replacement Reserves - Pioneer Valley Cohousing 70
Gardens and Farming     71
Urban Gardening 71
Potted Plants - Quayside Village        71
Individual Gardens      71
Individual Gardens - WindSong   71
Policy for Individual and Small Group Use of Community Land - Pioneer Valley
Cohousing       73
Community Gardens       73
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) and farming enterprises   73
CRA on Land Use - Cobb Hill Cohousing   74
Enterprise Questionnaire - Cobb Hill Cohousing  77
Land Use Proposals and Agreements - Champlain Valley Cohousing  78
Land Use Agreement for Bloomfield Farm - Champlain Valley Cohousing - 2010
82
Livestock       82
Chicken (laying hens) Club - Pioneer Valley Cohousing - 2002    82
Guests  85
Guests - Columbia Ecovillage 2009       85
Guest Rooms - Pioneer Valley    88
Guest Rooms - WindSong 2006     88
Health Care     89
Health Care - WindSong  2008    89
Hiring  89
Hiring Policy - WindSong 2004   89
Laundry 90
Laundry Products - Columbia Ecovillage 2009     90
Legal / Deeds / Etc.    90
Home ownership, transfers, development fees, etc. - Pioneer Valley 1998 90
House Transfers - Pioneer Valley 1998   92
ByLaws - Quayside Village       94
Articles of Incorporation - Twin Oaks 1996      99
Fees - Trillium Hollow 2008     100
Governance - Trillium Hollow    107
Meals   110
Meal System - Pioneer Valley 2001       110
Meals Accounting - WindSong 2006        111
Membership      112
Membership - Yarrow Eco-Village 112
Owners, Associates, Renters - Pioneer Valley    112
Orientation for new members - Trillium Hollow 2008      115
Orientation of New Members - WindSong 2008      117
New Residents Welcoming and Orientation Package - Windsong      120
Miscellaneous   125
Loaned/donated things - Columbia Ecovillage 2009        125
Illegal Activities - WindSong   126
Behavioral Standards - Pioneer Valley   126
Noise   127
Quiet Hours - Trillium Hollow   127
Noise Guidelines - WindSong 2009        128
Participation and Work  129
Participation - Columbia Ecovillage 2009        129
Labor Policy - EcoReality 2008  131
Work - Pioneer Valley 2001      131
Work Share - Trillium Hollow 2007       132
Community Contributions Policy - WindSong 2001  135
Property Mangement - Yarrow Eco-Village 139
Pets    141
Pet Policy - Creekside Commons 2005     141
Pets - Quayside Village 2006    143
Pet Policy - Trillium Hollow 2006       144
Pets - WindSong 2000    146
Pets - Yarrow Eco-Village       147
Rentals 147
Rentals - Columbia Ecovillage 2009      147
Rentals - Quayside Village      149
Smoking 149
Smoking - Quayside Village 2006 149
Storage 149
Garage Storage Agreement - Trillium Hollow 2007 149
Indoor Storage - WindSong 2006  150
Vision, Mission, Values 153
Vision - Columbia Ecovillage 2010       153
Vision - Creekside Commons      154
Vision - Manzanita Village Cohousing    155
Values - O.U.R. Ecovillage      156
Mission - Pacific Gardens       157
Mission - WindSong  2008        157
Workshops, Art Studios, Etc.    158
Annex Use Policies - Pioneer Valley Cohousing - 2002    158