Re: Reserve Studies
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:26:37 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Douglas G. Larson <ddhle [at]
earthlink.net>wrote:

> Likewise Reserve Funds are NOT for replacement of assets in the event of
> catastrophic events (e.g. Storms, Fire). Typically your insurance covers
> assets that expire under those conditions.

True, but in our case, our banks have insisted that we include our
insurance deductible ($10K) in our reserves, which seems prudent.

I wonder, in fact, if after we have built up enough reserve we might be
able to save money on our insurance (our single largest HOA expense) by
increasing our deductible.

-D